Implementation – Web Development
Wondering what our uptime status is? View the last 24 hours and last 5 days here: http://stats.pingdom.com/078xp31ufqvm/374963
You can implement FontsLive in 5 quick steps:
- First, select the fonts you want to use in your website then add them to your shopping cart.
- Next, pick the service level that will accommodate the monthly pageviews to your websites.
- After purchasing the desired web font subscriptions, go into your account to the Web Font Manager.
- In the Web Font Manager you will set up the website, confirm the fonts you want to use, choose options such as subsetting the font character sets to reduce the file size, and then generate a CSS Resource file.
- To implement the Web Fonts on your site, simply insert the one line of code we provide into your page template, and then update your font-family tags with your new fonts. Test and verify that all is correct and then you are done!
> Detailed Quick Start Tutorial (with screenshots)
No, FontsLive fonts are deployed on the Windows® Azure™ cloud computing services platform, a high performance environment that provides fast, reliable delivery of fonts throughout the world. We selected this system because it can instantly scale to handle high traffic demands with a 99.95% service level guarantee and has data centers located around the world, guaranteeing a quick delivery of fonts to website visitors on every continent.
Yes, after you’ve picked out your fonts and included our code in your site, you can continue to code your pages however you like.
Yes, all the FontsLive fonts are licensed for web use. Ascender has created a web-only End User License Agreements that was written specifically for this new technology.
Yes, we offer a self-hosting option for larger websites. The fee is calculated based on the number of pageviews/month for all your websites. This option is popular with developers of larger sites that desire control of all their assets. You can purchase a Self-Host option directly from the shopping cart. For developers with more than 12.5 million pageviews/month, please contact us for more information for Self-Hosting web fonts.
You will receive an email update when your traffic is getting close to the limit. If you have a temporary spike in traffic less than 25% of your limit it’s not a problem. However, if your website exceeds the allocated pageviews by more that 20% for two months in a row, we will contact you to upgrade to the next level.
We recommend customizing the font-family name to identify font weights other than regular & bold. It has been our experience that using the CSS numeric-values assigned to each weight (100-900) can be problematic. Read more on best practices for font-weights.
To use fonts on a website hosted on a local machine, add "localhost" as a URL to your account. For a local test server, you can add the IP address to your account as an additional domain.
To add additional domains to your account, first select the project. Then select "Edit" under the project name, and click on "Add Domain".
Yes, FontsLive supports web fonts on secure web pages, such as those used by companies and e-commerce websites. These pages typically have ‘https’ instead of ‘http’ to designate they are secure pages using SSL (Secure Socket Layer). To make your web fonts appear on an SSL page without a browser warning message, simply modify our CSS resource string to use ‘https’.